The good bacteria in your gut will thank you for this yummy breakfast treat. A simple recipe with chock full of gut friendly ingredients, well, except for the white chocolate chips which I have to admit are a bit naughty.
This granola is perfect for oat intolerance & the activated nuts & seeds take it up a notch to ensure proper digestion.
Gut Lovin’ Granola
Author : Sangamithra GV, ANS – Dietitian
Prep time : 15 min
Cook time : 30 min
Quinoa flakes – 1 cup or 250 gm
Activated almonds – 1/4 cup
Activated cashews – 1/4 cup
Activated sunflower seeds – 1/4 cup
Activated pumpkin seeds – 1/4 cup
Chia seeds – 2 tbsp
Dried cranberries – 1/4 cup
White chocolate chips – 2 tbsp
Maple syrup – 3-4 tbsp ( adjust quantities based on preference)
Ground cinnamon – two pinches
Salt – a pinch
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Extra Virgin coconut oil – 2tbsp
- Preheat oven to 160 degree C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Roughly chop the activated nuts and seeds
- In a clean and dry bowl, combine dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients to it. Combine well to ensure uniform coating.
- Spread this mixture on the baking tray, making sure you are pressing it firmly to help the granola stick together & get crunchy.
- Cook for 12-18 minutes ( depending on the heat distribution in your oven) or until the mixture turns slightly golden. Keep an eye on the tray as it is easy to burn a granola mix.
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, break apart and store in an airtight container for uptown 2 weeks.
- Serve with milk or yogurt & fruit of choice.